This page needs updating. The information contained here relates to sipXecs release 2.6 or 2.8 and is therefore rather old. It is unknown how ACT phones behave with the current sipXecs release 4.4. If you have any information, please help us get this page updated.
How To Configure Advantage Century Telecommunications (ACT) SIP Phones with sipXecs
sipXecs, The open source SIP PBX for Linux can work with all SIP compliant phones, gateways, and applications. As many system features depend on the capabilities of the end points, the selection of phones and gateways should be done by carefully taking into account specific requirements of the intended application and deployment.
Features of ACT P104SLD
Manufacturer Web Site: http://www.act-tel.com.tw/_pg/products/productItem.asp?productKey=39
- Protocol: SIP(RFC 3261)
- interface: 1 Ethernet (WAN) & 1 Ethernet (PC)
- LCD: 2 lines x 16 letters
- Codec: G.711A-Law/u-Law, G.729AB, G.723.1
- Voice Quality: VAD, CNG, AEC(G.168),
- Easy setting by Web browser
- Multi-user registration
- Auto firmware upgrade (TFTP)
- 3-way conference
- Speed Dial
- Phone Book
- IP address: Static IP/PPPoE/DHCP
- NAT traversal: UPnP and STUN
- Handset/Speaker phone
- Out-of-band DTMF (RFC 2833)
- Voice Mail with message waiting indicator
- Call Forward (Busy, No answer, Unconditional)
- Call Transfer (Unattended, Blind, Attended)
- Call Park, Call Pick-up
- QoS: IEEE802.1p/q
- Anonymous call block, Caller ID
- Jitter buffer auto adjustment
The sipX configuration server currently does not support automatic provisioning of ACT SIP phones. However, they can be manually provisioned using the ACT phone's Web UI.
The configuration was tested with firmware revision 02.08.01
Create a new user in sipXecs
To create a new user in sipX follow these steps:
- Click 'Add User' button
- In the sipX Web UI enter 'User ID', 'First', 'Last', 'Extension' and 'PIN'. Also select a user group
- Click on the 'Lines' tab to see the format of the line URL, it will usually be username@domain
- A new device does not have to be created in sipX for the ACT phone, because the phone cannot be configured automatically through sipX configuration server but must be configured using the phone's GUI instead
Configuring the ACT Phone's GUI
Follow these steps to configure the phone:
- Connect and power up the phone. Default setting is DHCP
- Press 'Menu', press down arrow a few times to see what the IP address of the phone is, press 'Menu' again to exit
- Go to http://IP_Address:9999, just hit enter when asked for username/password, both are blank by default
- Click "SIP Settings" menu in the left frame
- If DNS SRV is used, enter only 'Registrar Server Domain Name/IP Address'. The domain setting here must be the same as it appears in the 'Lines' tab of the sipX user configuration. If no DNS SRV is used, also enter the hostname of the sipX server in the 'Outbound Proxy Domain Name/IP Address' field. Click 'Submit'.
- Click 'SIP Account Settings' in the left frame
- Enter 'Display Name', 'SIP User Name', 'Authentication User Name' and 'Password' for the first account. These setting must be the same as in the 'Lines' tab of the sipX user configuration page. Click 'Submit'.
- Click 'Voice Settings' in the left frame
- Set 'DTMF Method' to 'Out Band', click 'Submit'
- Click 'Restart System' in the left frame
- Click 'Restart' button, then click 'Ok' to confirm restart
After restart the phone should register with the sipX server. You should now be able to use it to call other extensions and numbers on registered with sipX as well as receive incoming calls.